Hans the Hedgehog: Tales from the Ninth Tower Ep 5
In the tale of "Hans the Hedgehog," a man who is successful in all aspects of life, except for having children, makes a desperate wish for a child, even if it's a hedgehog. His wish is granted, and his wife gives birth to a son who has the lower body of a boy and the upper body of a hedgehog.
Tales from the Ninth Tower is an oral story telling podcast.
- Story Arrangement and performance by Lothar Tuppan
- Sound Effects from the Freesound Project
- Music by Kevin MacLeod of Incompetec Sound Design
- Mastering by Lothar Tuppan
- This presentation is copyright 2023 to Lothar Tuppan
- This recording is released under CC 3.0
- The Ninth Tower Productions
What is Oral Storytelling?
Oral storytelling is the act of telling a story aloud, usually without the use of written or visual aids. It’s an ancient form of art that has been used to convey history, culture, and entertainment for thousands of years. The storyteller may memorize the events of the story, but they often modify it during each telling to tailor it to the audience and maximize its impact. Unlike recorded media, there are no do-overs in oral storytelling since it is tradionally performed in front of a live audience.