How Fair the Land Wights: Tales from the Ninth Tower Ep 4
Tonight's story is about a creature, known as the Stranger, who once lived in Scandinavia, protecting the land and its people. One day, a bishop arrived and convinced the people to turn against the Stranger and his family, burning their home and killing their children. This haunting story is filled with themes of betrayal, loss, and the human condition, and will leave you feeling both moved and unnerved.
Tales from the Ninth Tower is an oral story telling podcast.
- Story Arrangement and performance by Lothar Tuppan
- Sound Effects from the Freesound Project
- Music by Kevin MacLeod of Incompetec Sound Design
- Mastering by Lothar Tuppan
- This presentation is copyright 2023 to Lothar Tuppan
- This recording is released under CC 3.0
- The Ninth Tower Productions
What is Oral Storytelling?
Oral storytelling is the act of telling a story aloud, usually without the use of written or visual aids. It’s an ancient form of art that has been used to convey history, culture, and entertainment for thousands of years. The storyteller may memorize the events of the story, but they often modify it during each telling to tailor it to the audience and maximize its impact. Unlike recorded media, there are no do-overs in oral storytelling since it is tradionally performed in front of a live audience.